Good Friday

There is pain in my heart that ebbs and flows and I fall exhaustedly on your chest like my children fall on mine. But is my pain even atomically comparable to yours, Jesus? 

I move my gaze from my pain to your bleeding hands and feet as the nails tear through skin, flesh, tendon, ligament and muscle. I fix my eyes on the blood dripping from your crown of thorns. My eyes are on the ripped flesh on your body from the scourging and flogging. I look and behold the pierced side dripping blood and water. 

What is my pain but a speck, a dot, a dust on the horizon, barely even decipherable. 

Your pain, Lord, gives me life. You saved me. You chose me. You loved me so much that you walked to your death of your own accord. What more could I ever want but to be so loved, so cherished and SO WANTED by my God. 

You died in my place. And for this I am forever and for all eternity grateful. 


Comments

  1. “You loved me so much that you walked to your death of your own accord. What more could I ever want but to be so loved, so cherished and SO WANTED by my God.” - deeply touched by these lines. How marvellous is His love for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He is Risen, Alleluia! (Happy Easter!)

Lent Begins. Ash Wednesday - 2024